Join the Celebration
Host a Local Foods Dinner for Friends & Family!
- This fall celebrate local foods and farmers by hosting a Local Foods Dinner for Friends & Family and raising funds to increase access to healthy foods!
- You choose the menu and style of gathering you wish to host - from a sit-down dinner to backyard barbecue.
- We’re encouraging recipes using local foods as ingredients and conversations about how local foods enrich our community.
- Help everyone have access to healthy food choices! We’re asking hosts to encourage their guests to donate to the Food Bank of North Alabama in Fresh food Initiative which offers farmers market vouchers to residents in need and incentivizes using SNAP (formerly food stamps) benefits to purchase fresh healthy foods from local farmers.
- This “Fresh Food Initiative" is a win-win-win for local farmers, the local economy and families trying to eat healthy on a tightening budget – especially in the summer when reduced or free school lunch programs for children are not offered.
- As a result of this initiative, transportation to farmers markets for seniors and other public housing residents who do not have reliable transportation has been organized. It builds on our “Taste of Health” fairs that feature nutrition talks and cooking demos using fresh, healthy ingredients. We are partnering with the Food Bank of North Alabama, Huntsville Housing Authority, and Greene Street Market on this initiative. All contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
How to Submit the Funds You Raise
- Please make your donations to the Food Bank of North Alabama designating the "Fresh Food Initiative." Gifts are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
- ON-LINE DONATIONS: Click here & type “Fresh Food Initiative” in the dedication line. If your individual guests would like a receipt, please submit this donation form to email@example.com.
- MAIL or IN-PERSON DONATIONS: To mail or deliver donations to the Fresh Food Initiative, click here.